Corn Cheese Balls

There are few colleagues at office who keep sharing various recipes with me.  Last week, Pallavi Pokarna shared Cheese Corn Ball recipe with me and I used to decide every day evening, that I will make the dish.  Finally, on a Wednesday, when I got back from office, I directly went to the shop and brought all the ingredients to make this dish… I was so excited after I tasted the dish as it tasted so much like the cheese corn balls served at McDonalds .  I also offered some to Geeta Kaku, my neighbor aunty and she also said it tasted like the dish served in the restaurant!  I had kept some batter in the fridge and made the corn cheese balls next day morning to carry for my colleagues with whom I have breakfast.  That morning, Pallavi had gone to the other office and hence she did not get to taste the dish .  I promised her that I will make this dish again for her.

My ex-colleague and very dear friend Sandhya Mantha stays at Hyderabad and now has come down to Pune to visit her parents.  Every year she is in Pune, we both ensure that we meet up either at her house or my place.

There’s nothing quite like sitting around with friends, having great conversations over a delicious meal   I organized a lunch get together at my house last Saturday.  Sandhya, Saroj, Pallavi & Manasi graced the occassion!  We missed Vidula as she had last minute plans with her family.  It was a great afternoon where most of us had met after a long time.  The kids were busy watching movies while we all sat and cracked jokes and discussed various topics and updated each other of what’s happening in each one’s life.

We were around 10 of us including my family members… I started preparations the previous day, where I marinated the chicken and got ready with the basic preparation for Cheese Corn balls.   I made Jal Jeera early in the morning.   I made all the Veg dishes (Dal Tadka, Mutter Paneer, Raita) first and then made the Non Veg dishes (Green Chicken Kebab & Quick Chicken Curry in Pressure Cooker).  I made Palappam which is a soft Appam and tastes awesome with Chicken Curry…Most of these dishes mentioned here are already posted on the blog.    Saroj had got Ice Cream and Gulab Jamun for all of us!  After lunch we had Ice Cream with hot Gulab Jamuns.

The recipe that I am posting today is made from Corn and cheese which is a  wonderful combination!   I made it at home for my friends and it turned out super perfect.  I ensured that Pallavi also finally got to taste the dish . Let us now move on to the recipe of how to make corn cheese balls.



Ingredients :

Sweet Corn - 1 cup
Grated Cheese - 1/3 cup (Mozzarella or any cheese of your choice)
Potato - 1 medium sized
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
Cornflour - 1.5 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 3/4 tsp
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Bread Crumbs - as needed
Salt - to taste

Method:

Wash the potatoes, and Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles. Peel off the skin,and mash it well. Set aside. Pressure cook sweet corn for 5 whistles with little salt and very little water. Drain water completely and set aside.  In a blender, add corn and blend it to a coarse mixture. Do this in batches and collect in a bowl. Add mashed potato,grated cheese,1 tbsp maida, cornflour, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, oregano and required salt.


Mix all the ingredients to form a thick dough. Shape them into balls and arrange them in a plate. I kept them in the freezer for a while, before I fried them.  Take 2 tbsp maida in a bowl , add little water and make a thick paste. Dip each ball in the maida mixture coat it well. Then dip it in breadcrumb mixture. Roll over to make sure it is coated evenly.   Heat oil, deep fry the balls in oil till golden brown. Drain in tissue paper.  Serve this hot with Tomato Sauce or Green Chutney.












Comments

Popular Posts